Chapter 4: Red Blades

After Order 66, few Jedi dare to venture outside the shadows—rumors of the dark and terrible Darth Vader haunting even their waking moments. Yet, some Jedi find this life of fear unbearable. The Empire is always watching, and Vader himself is eager to confront any Jedi that might bring him closer to the whereabouts of his betrayer, Obi-Wan Kenobi.
Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:06 pm

"I agree," says Shoshannah, nodding her head vigorously. "I don't like this at all." She thinks for a moment. "Once we find a place to jack in, I could use the Force to try to conceal us from view. But that may just draw the attention of these Dark Side Force users ..." She looks at the others to see what they think.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:11 pm

The doors closest to the entrance appears open. From their view points, the closest room is a larger, open room which looks like a cafeteria. The other side of the hallway looks to lead into a storage warehouse. Further down the hallway, they see closed doors which they can't visually tell if the doors are secured and require authorization or unsecured doors.

Various control panels with easily recognizable wiring conduits can be sighted running along the walls of the hallway, cafeteria, and warehouse rooms. Janos and others can assume that he could jack into one of the control panels and access at least some of the systems.

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:00 am

"Let's try one of these panels," Janos says quickly, moving to one of the panels. "If we can feel them, we should assume they can feel us. Let's not open ourselves up just yet. We might just pass for members of the crew with latent Force sensitivity."
I'll try a panel and see what we can get. I feel like we should be ready to make a quick exit, however.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:11 am

Granite uses the force in very practical and hands-on ways, directly affecting the matter he interacts with. He doesn't dismiss the more esoteric arts, it is just so far away from how his personality operates that he can't relate to it. Like how engineering can involved all sorts of complicated and intricate equations, but university studies into pure mathematics dealing with infinite sets and number theory have no practical use to a person repairing an engine. They're interesting for sure, just too cerebral for his interests. Thus his lack of perception of any disturbances in the Force, Dark Side or otherwise, as he is only focused on his physical senses and the here-and-now.

"I leave any attempts at Force stealth to your best judgment, Shoshannah. I won't second guess you." He reaches a hand underneath his long coat to grasp the handle of his vibroax, claimed as a prize from a pirate captain in what seems eons ago. "I'm ready if things go loud."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:49 pm

"Masters, storage will probably have what we need..."

He proceeds just a few steps in the direction he wants to go - the storage area visible down one side of the hall - but waits on the folks checking a nearby panel on the wall.
For computers: Janos + Shoshannah again?

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:16 pm

Janos didn't say where\which room he was plugging to, so since Uri decided to look in warehouse, I'll move everyone there to avoid split
Shoshannah & Janos
hacking via data port using datapad/improvised tools = 2 purple + 1 red
skill + skilled assist = 2y 2g
total = yygg ppr
result = 3 adv
Janos and Shoshannah head over to the nearest control panel. With a bit of effort, they remove the panel and plug into the facility's networking cables. Using his datapad, the two attempt to splice into the data stream. Their attempt fails once again to collect any data or information.

Perception checks
Uri = 1 green
Granite = 2 green
vs pp
Uri = 1 failure 2 threats
Granite = 1 adv
Meanwhile, Uri and Granite inspect their surroundings and work as look outs to prevent any surprise attacks. The pair glance over the warehouse, but see nothing of value or details that might be useful to the group.
I'll allow 1 more hacking attempt then the control panel will not allow any more hacks. So try again, or leave, or something else?

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:45 pm

Shoshannah sighs and looks at Janos. "Well, shall we give it another go? And if that doesn't work, we can decide on some riskier course of action."

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:36 am

"One more try, and after that I think we are pressing our luck too much," Janos agrees, turning back to the panel.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:31 pm

Shoshannah & Janos
hacking via data port using datapad/improvised tools = 2 purple + 1 red
skill + skilled assist = 2y 2g
total = yygg ppr
result = 1 failure, 1 threat, 1 triumph

threat = Security systems are alerted
triumph = Conceal the system slice

Jedi Knight Janos and Jedi Shoshannah tries once more to hack into the facilities network, but their second attempt also fails. Just as the security alerts are triggered, Janos quickly detaches the datapad allowing them to mask their attempted slicing. He realizes that a third attempt might result in something worse than just a failed hacking attempt.

Meanwhile, someone enters the area slipping by Urizen's and Granite's watchful eyes. The masked figure wears dark armor and appears to be wearing a specialized breath mask covering their eyes and nostrils. Wearing all black, their cape bears symbols of the new Empire on the shoulders. The figure has a feminine cut to their armor's shape.

uri stealth = yyy
vs vigil = rrp
result = 2 success, 1 triumph, 1 despair
triumph = Choose one: Remainder of encounter gain +1 ranged defense, get +boost to determine init

granite stealth = gg
vs vigil = rrp
result = 1 faiiure, 4 threats

The figure turns and looks towards Granite and speaks, "You shouldn't have come here." The strained voice is recognized by Jedi Knight Granite, the former Jedi Temple Guard. As she turns, she drops the box she was carrying, which alerts the others of her presence. Janos, Shoshannah, and Uri believe they are are currently unseen by the masked figure.

You recognize the short statement as Jedi Knight Rikros Batu. The senior Jedi Temple Guard who you were shadowing and set to take over as guard for Senator Organa. The mask's unique breathing device appears similar to what a Kel Dor (her race) wears. (Same race as Jedi Master Plo Koon)
We can roll for init, after Uri responds to how he wants to spend his triumph. Or if anyone attempts to take a preemptive action or speak to her.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:57 pm

Using Cool, since it's not a surprise attack

Janos = 3 success 1 adv
Shoshannah = 1 success, 2 adv
Uri = 2 success 1 adv 1 triumph
Granite = 1 success 2 adv

Red Blade Sister = 2 success, 1 adv

Init Order
Jedi, Jedi, Red Blade Sister, Jedi Jedi

Triumphs = Uri gains +1 maneuver in your first round

PC, PC, Red Blade Sister, PC, PC

With her announcement, the Jedi turn to find an opponent.

2 PCs, then NPC, then 2 PCs